Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thinkin' on a Sunday

So I'm sittin' here in my robe feelin' like a kid. Eatin' cereal and everything. All I need is the Bugs Bunny cartoons on the TV.

Not feelin' too good today, but that's OK. It's not too bad this morning.

Been thinking about life. How funny it is. The twists and turns, the people you find, the few you lose, and those you sometimes find again.

Finally figured out something about myself. As much as I've tried to play the cowboy loner over the years (even have the hat and duster to prove it!), turns out I'm happiest when surrounded by those I care about.

Take last night. A whole host of them were there --- even a couple I haven't seen in a long time. It felt good. Who was it said you can't go home again?

If I could go back there again, I'd do some things differently. But, then again, the decisions you do make help mold you into who you are. So it's best left alone, I guess.

Let's see, what else this morning? Oh, yeah. Hey, Vols --- you suck. Seventeen points is all you can manage against the worst defense in the SEC? They say you're going bowling in Florida this year, by way of Outback Steakhouse. Take that and relish it if you get it. I'm glad it's over for another year.

The stadium was lathargic yesterday. Felt like a morgue. You know you're just going through the motions when "The 12 Days of Christmas" is the best part of the afternoon.

OK, let's wander over to the couch and see what's going on in the NFL. My hope for you today is that every dream you've ever dreamed will come true a thousand times.

As for me? Well, I'm just takin' it easy, glad for the moment, thankful for a lot of things, especially old friends and new ones, good times and plenty of laughs.

Say what you will, but life's been good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Hornback said...

How about them Titans! Oh yeah. The Vols don't neccesarily suck. They paly to the level of the competition. Right?

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home