Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A crazy idea

What a day.

Driving to Union County this morning, I developed an overwhelming urge to pull the car to the side of the road, get out and stay there for the remainder of the day.

The sky stretched forever, so blue you could swim it. Serving as the backdrop to the beautiful Union County countryside, never save the day I saw such a scene with the prettiest woman I've ever known has it looked more beautiful.

Headed to an interview, I thought about all the days like this that I miss. Rushing from appointment to appointment, struggling against the constant deadline, locked away in front a computer -- well, you get the idea.

I have this crazy idea that things happen to you right when you need them. Who knows why it took you 21 years to read Hemingway? But once you did you never quite looked at the world the same way.

Funny, isn't it, how that song came on the radio. You were in a bad mood; now you could fly to the moon.

Strange how that friend you haven't seen in 10 years sent you an e-mail that afternoon. Next thing you know, you're laughing together over drinks, trying to remember why on earth you spent time apart.

I'm tired. I missed my conference. I'm going to be devoting time I don't have to perform my civic duty. Less time to write. No chance to take off and watch baseball next month.

A good friend has broken my heart. The kid who makes my soul fill with joy won't be staying with us after this month. I spent $400 on brakes last week and found out I have to pay the IRS this year.

But today, for about five minutes, me and the sun and the fowl enjoyed the prettiest azure sky you've ever seen.

Turns out there might be something to that crazy idea after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick Strellman said...

Lovely post... I need a peaceful day as such...LOL

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home