Friday, February 18, 2011

In a New York state of mind...

Hi gang.

Sorry I haven't ducked in this week. Took a quick jaunt to Manhattan to see "Elvis in Concert" at Radio City Music Hall. Great trip. Great time. More on that in an upcoming Shopper-News.

Weather is wonderful, isn't it? False spring has sprung. I only wish it would last, which you know it won't.

The fun had even hit Herald Square. A blustery 30-degree Tuesday gave way to a warm 50-degree Wednesday.

"Enjoy this weather while it lasts," said our server at Heartland Brewing Company, located at the base of the Empire State Building. I didn't even need the warm overcoat.

Manhattan is fun, feisty, forever alive and flashing. Too bad Jenn and I didn't have another day in the Big Apple. Saw the theater at which James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave are appearing in "Driving Miss Daisy." Spotted a sign for another show devoted to the "Million Dollar Quartet" -- Elvis, Jerry Lee, Carl (as in Perkins) and Cash (as in Johnny). If only, if only.

Took the train from Penn Station back to Newark, back to reality. Woke up in Times Square, went to sleep in Tennessee.

I don't have any reasons, to quote Billy Joel. I've left them all behind.

I'm in a New York state of mind...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home