Thursday, February 09, 2012

What a day...

Today is my dear friend Matt Shelton's birthday. (Happy birthday, fella!)

I feel, though, like I'm getting all the gifts.

This morning, I talked to Greg McMichael, former pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. Awesome.

A little bit later, the phone rang.

"Jake, this is Bill Williams," said our version of Walter Cronkite. He called to thank me for an article I'd written on his speech to the Northside Kiwanis Club.

Last night, I heard from my friend Inman Majors, who has a new book coming out in August.

Just a few minutes ago, I heard from Marshal Andy Smalls' son, Drew. He called to tell me about a new country music singer Andy thought I'd like.

I don't know what I've done to deserve all this, but thank you! You folks have no idea how much I needed a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home