Monday, December 09, 2013

Christmastime's a-comin'...

Yes, my friends, we enter the month that brings us that wonderful, horrible Christmastime.

I say wonderful for obvious reasons. And I say horrible for reasons that have probably become obvious, too. Madcap mobs trampling one another for Black Friday sales should make people of goodwill everywhere embarrassed for the human race.

Anyhow, I'm going to share one favorite holiday song each Monday until Christmas. I start with a granddaddy, the masterful, soaring version of "Ave Maria" by my favorite tenor, the late, great Luciano Pavarotti.

This was recorded in 1978 at Notre Dame Cathedral in Montreal.

Godere, amici! 

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dewayne said...

I honestly thought you'd uncovered a Pavarotti version of 'Christmas Time's a comin'!' That would have been priceless and amazing!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home