Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Seizing the day

 In the stillness of early morning, I remember.

Jill Andrews is singing "Boundless Love." I'm thinking of the Raymond Carver short stories I read yesterday. He knows how to make the words dance.

Got ideas for a couple of short stories myself. Maybe my head will ease so I can compose them. I've got a few things to say.

Wasn't feeling well last night (still am not), so I listened to the radio "Gunsmoke." Matt Dillon punishing the bad guys. If only life were that simple.

My happiest time was the spring of '94. I think about it often. I think about the people who crossed my life then, and I wish I could reach back. But I did the best I could. Time, and life, slips through that hourglass fast as it can.  

Heading back to Florida soon. Might be after the new year, but it's time to go for good. Health comes first. 

Act when you can, y'all. Make the phone call, go to the concert, buy the book, take the vacation. Time, alas, can't return. 

It's just after 5 a.m., and the sun still slumbers. Soon it will shine on another day. I'll do my best to make the best of it, and I hope you will too. 

Nobody said it was going to be easy. 

But I remember. And I grin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home