Monday, April 17, 2006

A new look and a great sight

Hope y'all like the redesigned blog.

I'm experimenting with a more modern, easier-to-read look. I've also included one of my favorite songs on the main page, the music video of Kenny Rogers' "The Greatest." Drop me a line and let me know what you think of the new look.

Speaking of "The Greatest," which is all about a little boy and baseball, I saw a great sight during the Braves game Saturday night. A pitch went flying off into the stands. The camera showed the crowd go after it and then lingered a moment on a father and son.

The little boy was 5, maybe. He wore a brand new little Braves cap and had a fresh face and bright blue eyes. He looked up at his dad in wonder when the ball came near them. The dad smiled, held the kid in his arms, and the boy looked back out onto the field, eyes big as saucers.

If that could melt a cynical writer's heart, surely it will melt yours. What a moment.

It made me forget all about John Smoltz' four hit shutout gem and think a few minutes on the truly important things in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home