Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sunsets in spring

I love this time of year.

Late spring -- especially days like yesterday, when the temperature is mild and the sky is so blue you think for a passing moment it is the ocean, complete with the peaceful tide.

I watched the sun set last night and marveled at the beauty. If there's a better moment in time than sunset on a Tennessee spring evening, I've yet to find it.

Bugs the rabbit hopped by last night. That's what I call him. He lives around here somewhere. Sometimes when I come home late, he hops out, looks around, then hops back to wherever his nest is. He's my pet whether he knows it or not.

My mom's dog, Macy, is doing much better. She was sick for a few days. We thought we were going to lose her. But she's OK now. Oh, that we could learn to love each other the way a dog loves.

I sat in Fountain City Park with a special someone on Sunday night and enjoyed another beautiful sunset. She and I agreed it's a special time.

I thought back to "Field of Dreams" (what a shock, huh, something reminding me of baseball...), when Ray Kinsella first hears the voice. It's at sunset, in his Iowa corn field.

The epitaph on Richard Nixon's grave is an old Quaker proverb. It says: "One must wait until the evening to see how splendid the day has been."

I agree, if only for the sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home