Saturday, July 01, 2006

Going Home

Home.

What a precious word. You go away awhile, you always enjoy getting back. To the familiar. To the place you feel safe. To the most beautiful sight in the world -- those who love you most.

Tomorrow morning I will be going back home. Back to a place I've been away from for seven years. I have no idea yet why I need to be there and how long I will stay. But all I know is I can't wait to get back.

This has been the most incredible week of my life. I owe it all to God -- and, through an unexpected time, to one special person.

Here are some lyrics from Bill Gaither I'll leave you with today. Have a good one, y'all.

Many times in my childhood
When we'd travel so far
By nightfall how weary I'd grow.
Father's arm would slip 'round me
So gently, he'd say
"My child, we are going home."

Going home
I am going home.
There is nothing to hold me here.
I've caught a glimpse of that heavenly Land,
And now, I am going home


Now the twilight is fading
The day soon shall end.
I get homesick the farther I roam;

But my Father has led me
Each step of the way,
And now, He will lead me Home.

Going Home
I'm going Home.
There is nothing to hold me here.
I've caught a glimpse of that heavenly land,
Praise God, I am going Home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bark ALWAYS grows on the north side of the tree!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home