Tuesday, March 13, 2007

29

My goodness. Twenty-nine! Whaddya ya say?

Guess I'd start this birthday blog by saying what a great day it is. Just beautiful outside here in East Tennessee -- one of those days you want to stretch on forever. Great day to dance a bobber across the water, I tell ya. Too bad I'm spending March 13 behind a desk.

But, heck you know that's a lie. Cause I've got the greatest job in the world. Was thinking on the way in today how much I love this work and these people. They allow me to live my dream every day. They put up with my insanity. They're the greatest.

And my family. What can you say? They've been my backbone. Whatever I am today started with them.

I've told you about my friends before. But let me say again how blessed I am to have them. I take none of them for granted and love them all very much.

You know, it's funny. I told somebody earlier this week that life hasn't worked out like I thought it would. And to some degree that's true.

But as I sit here typing up a baseball story, doing what I love and loving what I do here in the greatest community on earth, I know with all my heart that life has surpassed any dreams I ever could have dreamed. I truly am the luckiest guy.

Good family. Good friends. Good work. Good health. Good times and good music. I don't need much else.

Things are good, y'all. Here's to the next 29.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home