Monday, May 28, 2007

Let us never forget


"And I remember daddy sayin' you'll come back a better man, and I just wonder if they ever think of me?" --- Merle Haggard, "I Wonder If They Ever Think of Me"

Today is Memorial Day.

I thought about writing a star-spangled patriotic piece today. Then I changed my mind.

This is a time to remember, not for bombast. As we give thanks for those who served, let us also remember those who have yet to make it home.

Nearly 1,800 Americans have yet to be accounted for from the Vietnam conflict alone. I wear a POW/MIA bracelet for SFC Roger C. Hallberg, United States Special Forces. Sgt. Hallberg has been missing since March 24, 1967, when he disappeared in South Vietnam.

For more info on POW/MIA efforts in the United States, click
here.

Let us never forget.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the POW MIA band for Mr. Hallburg, and I have been in search for any of his family thinking they might like it, I bought it from a military store in Las Vegas, NV, it is a wrist band, and all proceeds from buying these bands go to the search efforts of lost soldiers... I am guessing you don’t know this man personally, but if you do please e-mail me kate_smpsn@yahoo.com

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home