Saturday, May 19, 2007

A favor...

Hi, folks.

Short and sweet tonight. I'm writing to ask that y'all send some happy thoughts out my way if you'll be so kind.

Took a downturn this afternoon. I've felt downright awful today. The pain from the stones is worse than it has been during the entire two weeks I've been struggling with them. It got so bad earlier tonight I almost went to the E/R. The painkillers weren't helping much.

I'm hoping this is a good thing. My experience has been when the pain is the most severe, it means the stone is moving. So with a little luck maybe I'll pass the darn thing within the next day or two.

So, if you'll permit me to ask a favor, send me some positive vibes out if you will. I'm so thankful that this isn't serious, but let me tell ya, it hurts. Also, here's hoping that I don't have to have another surgery to actually remove the stone. I've had it before; that surgery is worse than passing the blasted thing.

I'm embarrassed that I've written this much about myself the last few days. A writer's job is to tell stories or ponder points, not contemplate one's navel, as my boss likes to say. But it's done me a lot of good to "share" with you. Makes me feel less alone; passing kidney stones tends to be a solitary and frustrating endeavor.

Tomorrow night, if I feel up to it, I'll tell you all about this fantastic new Michael Buble album.

Meantime, I hope you're doing well. Wish your buddy some luck this weekend if you will.

Goodnight --- thanks for letting me vent.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake, I will be praying for you and sorry you are having so much pain.

Passing a kidney stone is very painful. Hopefully this is your problem.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

yikes. kidney stone...never had one but oh the pain must be hideous. If you are looking for a few laughs, stop by and check out my last Saturday's post on Chinese fortunes. might cheer you up.

www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Checking in hoping for good news on those kidney stones. Prays continuing for a quick passing of those pesky stones and your return to good health.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home