Tuesday, May 08, 2007

'Rocky' start to May

Talk about a rocky start to the month.

Gonna make this one short and sweet. But I thought if I could write a little, it might make me feel better.

Got some crazy news today from the doctor. I went to Baptist complaining of back problems on Monday. Ultrasound results came back this morning. I have multiple kidney stones in both kidneys. One appears to be too big to pass. I go to a urologist at UT tomorrow afternoon to see about getting them removed. Looks like surgery.

I count my blessings that this isn't cancer, heart attack, Parkinson's or something really serious. But words can't describe how much this hurts.

It's a lonely experience. You can't read. You can't work. You don't hardly feel like moving. All you can do is drink liquids and take the pain medication they give you. And you sit. And wait.

Doc says they have to come out soon, though. Untreated stones can shut your kidneys down.

This makes me feel old. I'm not yet 30. I shouldn't have these kind of problems.

Not going to complain, though. It won't help or change a thing. Just makes me feel worse.

Cross your fingers for your old pal Jake tomorrow. Really hoping to avoid surgery. Had it before; it's pretty rough, too.

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll gave some good news for you. Going to go lie down again. I hope you all are having a great week.

Maybe if nothing else I'll open up my own quarry. You gotta laugh, after all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I've been there. I got one when I was 20. You can't even relate until you've had one. I hope it passes quickly for you.

UOC

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home