Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sigh...

Forgive some personal words tonight, but I feel a little down in the dumps.

Don't get me wrong. Life's great. I'm (finally) kidney stone free, just returned from a fantastic weekend trip to Georgia, am reading a heck of a great novel ("North River" by Pete Hamill) and as usual am enjoying work.

But if I can be flat out honest with ya a minute, I'm frustrated with myself. Here's the deal.

Tonight I was planning to go with my pal Andrea to the Downtown Grille to hear Sam Lewis pick and sing some tunes. Was looking quite forward to it. I'm a big fan of live music and haven't gotten to hear anything -- or have much of a social life -- since before I got sick in May.

Went to eat at Chop House with John Hitt and the Rat after work. And it hit me. Some sort of migraine and/or sinus headache.

So instead of tunes and fun, it was back to the house to take medicine and lie down in a darkened room.

I'm not feeling sorry for myself. And I'm darn glad my maladies aren't life threatening. So many out there are suffering from so much.

But these nagging problems lower one's quality of life. They are also quite painful.

I've done everything the doctor asked. I'm eliminated Cokes from my diet, started drinking more water, changed my eating habits to include healthier food. I exercise when I can.

And yet. Migraines and kidney stones.

Such is life, I guess. Again, let me say that I'm not complaining. I'm thankful that these problems aren't serious.

But sometimes I wish I could flip a switch and just make the pain go away. I'm tired of feeling bad, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home