Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Taking a big bite out of '08

Can you believe that it's really 2008?

At the risk of starting to sound like somebody concerned with the passing of time, just seeing '08 on the calendar is quite mind boggling in a way. I remember watching "2001: A Space Odyssey" as a kid and wondering if we'd be that advanced by then.

(Answer: Not even close)

The New Year usually brings with it resolutions to keep or forsake. I don't have anything grand, but I do have a few.

First and foremost, I hope to continue becoming more physically fit and continue to set aside time for daily exercise and workouts. You can feel much better with just a few simple activities. I'm also hoping to ward off another bout of kidney stones. (Shudder)

I'm tempted to bring up my yearly resolution to finally make it through "War and Peace" but I just don't know. Heck, I can't even hardly lift the darn book. The thought of wading through all of it is akin to hiking Everest. So, let's just say I'm going to try to read it again this year. (Crossing fingers.)

Finally, I hope to get out and catch more live music during the coming weeks and months. Going to hear some sweet sounds always improves my mental health and makes me enjoy life a bit more.

We have so much fun at Barley's the Sunday nights we make it out there; I'm hoping to expand those moments as well as explore other musical directions.

Knoxville has a plethora of such opportunities -- amazing, really, for a city its size. I hope to make a special effort to take it in this year and encourage those of you audiophiles out there to do the same.

What strikes me most as this new year dawns is the fortunate hand I've been dealt in this life. Man, I get to write for a living, pitch in and help the community when I can, hang out with the best pals anyone could ever hope to have and in general have one heck of a good time.

So bring it on, 2008. I'm ready to take a big bite out of ya and see what the next turn in the road has to offer.

Happy New Year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home