Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Here goes nothing...

Sorry I've been away for awhile. Been kind of a crazy (but exciting) few days.

Friday was Leap Day and that makes things so appropriate. I've taken a leap of my own.

It's still hard to believe, but I'm now a homeowner.

Well, condo owner, technically. But you get the point. Now it's time for ol' Jake to be responsible.

The movers showed up about 7:30 yesterday morning. They were finished by 11.

I'm tired, sleepy, exhausted -- fill in your own adjective -- but everything is collected in one place. Now all I have to do is go through 1,001 boxes. That's the fun part, huh?

My final task last night was to make a quick jaunt to Ingles to stock up the fridge. When I finally got back home, groceries safely packed away, I sat down on the couch and listened awhile to the sound of silence.

Who knows how this journey will go, but I'm eager to get started.

What was it Jackie Gleason used to say?

And awaaaaaaaaay we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home