Friday, May 30, 2008

Jake's Top 25 (for better or worse)

This list has to reveal something about me. What exactly, I don't know. But, fooling around with the iPod yesterday, I took a peek at my top 25 most played songs.

I'm not sure whether I should share this kind of sensitive info (LOL) or not. But, here goes. Have a good weekend, y'all.

Jake's Top 25 most played songs (iPod)

1. "Teardrops" by Robinella (No surprise here, huh?)

2. "Morning Dove" by Robinella (Well, you know...)

3. "Yellow Roses on her Gown" by Johnny Mathis (Somebody told me that the songwriter's father was persecuted for defending innocents during the McCarthy witchhunts. This has to be the most poignant lyric I've ever heard.)


4. "I Shall Be Released" by Joe Cocker (Best cover of a Dylan tune ever recorded)

5. "Last Date" by Floyd Cramer (I love sad songs -- even instrumentals.)

6. "Ozark Mountain Jubilee" by the Oak Ridge Boys (My mom's favorite song.)

7. "Don't Fall in Love with a Dreamer" by Kenny Rogers and Kim Carnes (God, what a song.)

8. "I Couldn't Find My Walking Shoes" by the Seldom Scene (Now this is a sad song!)

9. "Oh So Sexy" by Robinella (I admit it -- I pretend she's singing this about me. Sigh.)

10. "The Way I Am" by Alan Jackson (Cause I usually wish I were down in some blue bayou, a bamboo cane stuck in the sand...)

11. "Love at the Five and Dime" by Robinella (Hmm..I'm sensing a pattern here...)

12. "The Touch of Your Lips" by Tony Bennett and Bill Evans (Best collaboration of both their careers -- well, except Evans' work with Miles Davis...)

13. "She's In Love with a Rodeo Man" by Don Williams -- (Prettiest waltz I've ever heard.)

14. "Man Over" by Robinella (I figured she needed at least one song on the list.)

15. "Blue Ridge" by the Seldom Scene with Jonathan Edwards (If there is any better harmony than the magic blended by the late, great John Duffey and Edwards, I've yet to hear it.)

16. "Carolyn at the Broken Wheel Inn" by the Seldom Scene with Ricky Skaggs. (You just gotta hear this one...)

17. "Broken Lady" by Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers (Prettiest country lyric I've ever heard...)

18. "Fox on the Run" by the Country Gentlemen (A bluegrass favorite...)

19. "Listen to the Radio" by Don Williams (Just because of Sunday nights at Barley's...)

20. "Daytime Friends" by Kenny Rogers (Don't ask.)

21. "Garden Party" by Ricky Nelson (If memories were all I sang, I'd rather drive a truck...)

22. "I Finally Found Someone" by Bryan Adams and Barbra Streisand (Only because I'm practicing this to sing in Elizabeth Harned's wedding with the multi-talented Elizabeth Williams. God, I hate Streisand.)

23. "I Wonder Who'll Turn Out the Lights" by Bobby Flores (A true classic of a country song...)

24. "Whippin Wind" by Robinella (Oh, that girl sings like an angel on this song...)

25. "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack (This song is an addictive drug...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home