Monday, June 09, 2008

Dreams

I saw it again.

It caught up with me, in a place I wasn't too surprised to find it, and tumbled around in my soul for a brief, blissful few minutes. It was beautiful and it was kind, everything you hope to find for yourself one day.

Seeing it gives me hope that it still can be found, somewhere amid this cacophony and chaos.

Life is funny. Experience gives you mental notes of what is good and what isn't; what to look for and what to run away from; what to throw away and what to keep.

Truman Capote once wrote, quoting someone else, that more tears have been shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones. That makes sense the older you get.

What I discovered in this short, sweet, beautiful moment is that you don't have to give up on your dreams. You can still shoot for the stars. The old dreams, the good dreams, might come true yet.

Seeing it ever so briefly over the weekend was just enough -- nothing more, nothing less -- to keep dreaming.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dusto_Magnifico said...

What did you dream?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Jake Mabe said...

What a man usually gets in trouble for dreaming about -- a woman.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home