Tuesday, December 02, 2008

This 'n' that

Fell asleep in my chair tonight while watching "Citizen Kane" on TV. Do you think that's a sign I'm getting older? Could be a combination of being tired and sitting this close to the fire.

Or it could be the movie. That Orson Welles epic isn't one you curl up with on a cold winter's night.

Guess that's why I quickly flipped to college hoops. Illinois and Clemson got into a good one earlier. Now I'm watching Duke and Purdue. Hoping the school board shuts up long enough for me to get in front of a TV to watch UT's game tomorrow night. We'll see.

Dickie V. is doing the Duke game on ESPN (big shock there, huh?), so I doubt I'll stay here long. Purdue plays in a pretty cool arena, though. Much better designed for basketball than, say, Thompson-Boling Arena.

Met a friend at Pete's Place in Maynardville tonight for dinner after work. Enjoyed a steak sandwich and a piece of peanut butter pie. Nice way to end the day.

It's cold outside. Winter comes quickly this year, me thinks.

Oh, this is cool. I found a YouTube audio clip of Elvis singing one of my favorite songs, Danny O'Keefe's "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues," from my favorite Elvis concert (the August 1974 opening engagement at the Las Vegas Hilton). He could sing anything, but here he really grabs hold of the song in this performance. To my knowledge, it's the only time he ever sang "Good Time Charlie" in concert.

Guess that's it for now. I'm going to cut off the basketball game, throw another "log" on the fire and read awhile before bedtime. Gotta find out what happens to these kids over in Spain...

Y'all have a good night. Peace out.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home