Sunday, February 22, 2009

Can't sleep again, naturally

Here it is 1 a.m. and I can't get to sleep.

No surprise there, huh? I'm watching reruns of "Hawaii 5-0." Love those old police shows. It helps me relax. Plus, it has plenty of pretty scenery, Hawaiian locales, Jack Lord's immovable hair, and native girls.

I would like to visit our 50th state. Five-0 and Thomas Magnum helped fan the fire. As it is, I travel through television, a James Michener book, native fiction somebody recommended.

Enjoyed the afternoon. The sun came out and it was quite nice. Took in a UT baseball game, kept score, talked to folks around me. Our national game always soothes my soul. Works better than any mood stabilizer.

Now it's freezing cold, raining. Forecast calls for snow. Go figure. It's East Tennessee.

Guess that's another reason I'm watching 5-0. Makes me think warm thoughts.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home