Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August, die she must

Funny how I manage to miss summer each year.

Goes by in a blink. Memorial Day to Labor Day and it's done.

Did take two fun vacations, though -- to Michigan and Boston. Nice. Memorable.

And it's been a summer to reconnect. Old high school friends. Several in a row. I will say it again: at the end of the day life's richest rewards are relationships.

I always associate August with endings. Summer passes to unofficial autumn. Lazy days give way to responsibility. Nixon resigns.

Like Congress, I always wanted to take August off. It's hot here, oppressively so, and you don't feel like doing a darn thing. As it is, we put it in fifth gear and take off.

Speaking of which, I have a fun little trip in mind. I think I'll drive out to the other (incorporated) Halls in West Tennessee. "Jake hangs out in the other Halls." I think it will be a hoot.

Might just be the perfect ending to a good summer. One that I managed to miss this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home