Friday, March 22, 2013

LLAP, William Shatner

Happy 82nd birthday to the man, the myth, the legend, James Tiberius Kirk, Denny Crane, T.J. Hooker, equestrian, author, Mr. William Shatner.

My friend Matthew Shelton and I drove 13 straight hours last year to New York to see Mr. Shatner in "Shatner's World," his one-act, one hour and 30 minute stroll through his life and career.

For the record, my favorite "Trek" film is "Wrath of Khan," my favorite Shatner early TV role is, naturally, James T. Kirk, my favorite later TV role is Denny Crane on "Boston Legal," although "T.J. Hooker" has nostalgia and '80s cheese charm going for it. My favorite non-"Trek" film role of Shatner's is in the PBS teleplay "The Andersonville Trials."

But this performance could mark the zenith of 20th century American entertainment, and is perhaps the high water mark of humanity...
"I'm a ROCK-ET-MAN!"

LLAP, Mr. Shatner. You are a forever favorite. Thank you for the memories in the cinema, at the theater and, of course, on television.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home