Thursday, June 27, 2013

Going off the grid

Could July possibly be around the corner? Am I reading the calendar correctly?

The truest cliche I've ever been told is that time flies the older one gets. I don't know where the first half of the year went. Somebody once said life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. I guess that's about right.

Hey, hope you're having a good week. Sorry I haven't posted since Saturday. Stomach bug put the blahs on me the first of the week and yesterday was migraine mania. You gotta love it. Good news is it disappeared with the weather front that weaved its way into East Tennessee yesterday.

I'm going off the grid next week. No telephone, no television, no Internet, no deadlines, no commitments. Just me, books, music, a few DVDs, peace, quiet, and special guest appearances by Jenn. I can't wait. Time to detox.

Wherever you are next Thursday, don't forget that the holiday, in the United States, is called Independence Day for a reason. Let freedom ring! At least until the drone passes by... (couldn't resist).

Not much news to tell you other than I'm happy to be alive, ready to head up to Camp David (inside joke) tomorrow afternoon and forget all my troubles for awhile.

Don't take any wooden nickels and I'll see you in the funny papers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home