Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The latest reason why I love my wife...

... She buys me gifts like the Webster's New International Dictionary (Second Edition, Unabridged), from 1935.

As Sinatra once swooned, "But just in case you couldn't guess, or didn't know, or hadn't heard, I love my wife."

The English language is sacred to me. I admire it, I respect it, and I love to read those who can create pure poetry out of it. Shakespeare outdid every other scribe. But you know that.

Anyhow, Jenn found me this gem while scouring flea markets and yard sales the other day. What a keeper, huh?

I looked up the definition of one of my favorite words, which describes, oh, for example, Miley Cyrus, and, even more sadly, so many people one encounters with increasing regularity:

Solipsist (noun) -- One who adopts, or is believed to adopt, the theory of solipsism; the hypothetical individual who asserts his self to be the sole reality or the necessity that he must be skeptical of all else.

And don't worry. I have something of a surprise ordered for my wife as an "I love you" thank you, a little item fit for even a movie star whose real name was Norma Jean. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Lola Alapo said...

Too cool!! She knows you well! :)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home