Thursday, August 11, 2016

Can't sleep (and other stories)

Fell asleep in my easy chair by accident around 9. Now I can't sleep.

Sigh.

So, I fiddled with Facebook, had some fun, made a little music. Now I'm back in my easy chair, listening to Johnny Mathis sing "The Hungry Years" and - wait for it - "Yellow Roses on Her Gown." Figured it would help me relax.

It's been a (mostly) enjoyable work week. Baseball, Brickey Buddies, other buddies (grand seeing ya, Kurt!), and my favorite uncle's birthday party to boot.

Best part Wednesday was getting to see my friend and former "Perfesser" Steve Ash. We talked history. We talked politics (with no vitriol or yelling, can ya believe it??!!). We talked about tomes we're typing.

Back home, I sat with a heating pad (don't ask) and passed out. But not before "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight." I hope the person who gets it is reading. She's a special soul.

Then, oops, 11. Go to bed. Nothing.

As John sings love songs, I'm loving that I'm able to be out and about again. Awesome!

So, I won't complain about no sleep, nor about tailbone trouble.

I'll just sit here, count my blessings, and call it a day.

Hope your week is going as well as has mine (mostly). See ya soon. Thanks for dropping by.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great to see you back, Jake !!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Jake Mabe said...

As always, it males my day when I hear from you, Donnie. I needed a smile this morning. Thank you!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heard you've been back around, and I'm thrilled to hear the news. Prayers have never stopped even though contact did. Thankful you're doing better.--- Tim Witt

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jake Mabe said...

Thanks, Tim. Same here, buddy.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home