Friday, May 02, 2008

Let it be...

There will be an answer, let it be...

Sometimes the best thing to do is punt (or, in this case, throw) the ball.

Come hell or high water, I'm heading out of here in about an hour for the UT baseball game against Vanderbilt. I need a break. Too pretty to be inside anyway.

Oh, what a week. I've let things get to me. You know how you do. A lot of it is soap bubbles --- work and other things that are always going to stress you out.

Biggest thing is this: somebody I admire let me down this past week. But, it reinforces that old cliche that we're all human. It's impossible -- and unfair -- to expect people to be more than they are, I guess. Bad thing is I usually don't miss the mark so badly when it comes to sizing up somebody.

But, here's the thing. You just can't worry about other people -- what they think or what they do or what they feel. You can't please everyone, Rick Nelson once sang, so you gotta please yourself. Good advice, both for garden parties and human relations.

Bottom line is I'm letting it be. Not going to worry about it anymore. The only thing this ol' boy has to concern himself with is his own actions. To hell with somebody else's blindness and misguided judgments.

I'm off to the ballpark. Here's hoping you find your Walden this weekend and spend time with the things (and people) you love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much enjoy reading your blog. I identify with many of your life 'situations'. Tonight as I read of people letting you down, I cringed. I, too, get that concept. My lesson has been in giving up the battle. Battle? Yes, the one in my head where I start to question my own judgement. However, you point out what I have always known. You just have to let SOME things go. Please know that when you hurt, there are others who hurt with you. When disappointed, you are not alone. Hang in there. Life lessons prepare us for the next life chapters.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home