Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bummed...

Several of my co-workers, all from the sales department, like to laugh. No, I mean they really like to laugh.

Sometimes, often on Thursday nights, they'll gather in front of somebody's office and do their thing, the conversation peppered with raucous laughter. It makes me forget about deadlines.

Kinda bummed today. One of my favorite co-workers, Jessica Pinson, left to take a great job at Christian Academy of Knoxville. She'll be missed.

I'm still thinking about last Sunday's shooting.

The Tigers lost to the Indians 9-4.

It's been that kind of day.

Then I remember I'm getting paid to write. I think about singing last Sunday night with Robinella. It brings a smile.

Plus, good buddy Tim Reeves is coming over tonight for a bull session we had to reschedule when I got too sick to watch the All-Star Game. His wife Michele is graciously watching the girls tonight so Tim can come by.

Oh, life is good. It's hard to stay bummed for long.

Sometimes, though, I think I'm so close to something -- and, yet, it might as well be a million miles away.

Don't ask me to explain that. I'm not sure I know myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home