Friday, July 18, 2008

Not today

Not now. Please, God, not now.

Of all days. You go two years and then, on a week when all hell breaks loose, you get it. Could it be because of tonight's full moon?

Migraine is back. With a vengeance. Last night's lull was just that.

I'm here in the office, trying, failing miserably. Nick's mother passed away. I'm trying to keep that perspective.

I can't read without becoming nauseated. Two guys are bouncing around on the roof, cleaning gutters, making it worse. I want to go home. I want to go to bed. I want the pain to go away.

And I wish she were here. With all my being, everything in my soul, I wish she were here. I want to put my arms around her, feel her touch against my skin, drown in the warmth of her being.

But she isn't here. And I can't go home.

And the pain, hidden or otherwise, won't go away.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the love of God, man, go get yourself a prescription for Imitrex. Can't count the # of days it's saved for me and the spouse, both of whom have migraines.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Jake Mabe said...

Imitrex -- might as well had been swallowing candy. Didn't do a thing. Really glad to hear you had some success with it, though.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's tough. Maybe you need to up the strength. The spouse had to go to 100s, although the 50s work fine for me.

Anyways, as someone who used to lose 48 hours every few weeks to migraine (in the dark days before the triptins), I sympathize.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home