Thursday, July 17, 2008

A novel idea...

Been awhile since I've had a migraine. Almost two years. Here's hoping I don't get another one until the 12th of never. Cause, you know, that's a long, long time.

OK, now that's out of the way, let's get back to livin'.

So, here's a novel idea for you.

I'm going to take the plunge. Finally getting serious about it. Yes, I'm going to sit down and write the novel. The story. The idea that's been bouncing in my head for years.

It's started out as a gift for a dear friend. But, it's just the inspiration I've needed.

The idea came to me after watching "Lost in Translation" back in '03. I'm starting there, and mixing in a little bit of Bernard Slade's "Same Time, Next Year" along with my own high school reunion, a little bit of Larry McMurtry and whatever else comes pouring out of my screwed up brain.

It may end up being a short story. It could be a novella. I'm hoping it will turn out to be the Great American Novel. Whatever the case, I can use the experience. It's one thing to whip out the 500-word column each week. It's quite another to go for the big one.

My goal is to get up, work out and then write for at least one hour each morning. That's doable, right?

As long as the headache stays away, I plan to start this weekend.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home