Monday, July 07, 2008

Thoughts at twilight

Fiction, perhaps...

Thought about her last night as the sun dipped over the horizon.

I remembered how beautiful she looks during this hour, felt the familiar longing, not trying for once to push it away.

I want to hold her until the sun returns from its slumber; I want to see her face at first light.

I took another sip of the sugar water, felt the pleasant burn, wondered for the millionth time how something so sweet could hurt this much.

I come here sometimes to sit and think awhile. You can clear your head here, relax, figure out what it is you need to do. I made a mental note to bring the wood up from the side of the cabin. I would need it in the morning for breakfast.

It's peaceful here. But, it's lonely, too.

Life is full of mystery. People come, people go. Sometimes they return. Sometimes they don't.

The phone rang in the other room. I didn't answer it. Didn't want to talk.

Instead, I thought of twilight, of how beautiful she looks in the dark.

But it was time to push such thoughts away. I rose, snuffed out the flickering flame, shut the door.

Sleep refused to become a companion.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home