Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nutty dreams...

I'm blaming this on what I ate last night. That has to be it -- although I don't really understand too much about what causes dreams.

Interesting, isn't it, how it comes back to you in pieces?

Riding in the car with you grandfather while he gets gas and argues with the attendant. Sitting in the audience at a Robinella show to be told she's away competing in a beauty contest (!). Angry anyway because your favorite server is also away, catering the Grammy Awards (??!!).

Yes, dreams tend not to make much sense. I had some crazy ones last night.

Some friends were staying over when burglars entered the house. Turns out they only wanted to look at the basement. Suddenly, an old girlfriend appears. She's wounded. Needs to be carried inside the house.

I'm back in middle school. I've just been given some kind of award. I do remember wondering why I'm having to take the eighth grade again all these years later. Suddenly, I'm driving on a road into a bridge that hasn't been completed yet. We get the car stopped before toppling over the side.

And on it goes.

Freud argued that dreams are "wish-fulfillments." At some level, I agree, but that can't be the total picture. For example, I have no desire whatsoever to retake the eighth grade and certainly don't want to topple over an unfinished road.

It does make me wonder if what the ol' noggin was trying to tell me is that there is something unfinished in my life, something I'd like to go back and fix, something I never felt was completed. Who knows. I don't have a degree in psychology. I just think the whole thing is neat -- and amusing in a way.

I just keep wondering what in the heck I ate that brought all this on -- surely it wasn't that Christmas candy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dewayne said...

maybe you ate a hero sandwich like Cliff Huxtable....or maybe your should get your Masters or PhD....

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home