Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How to fade a memory

I remember the date.

I remember the spoken words. I remember the music. I remember her eyes.

But, what I remember now, is disappointment.

They tell me I shouldn't put much stock in people. Human beings are just that, they say. Fallible. Flawed.

I am not wired that way, though.

I met her one January. It seems like another lifetime. I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't fall in love with her.

Through thick and thin I did what I could. It wasn't reciprocated when it mattered.

But that's the way of it, isn't it? You make your choices. Whatever else I am, I don't have to get drunk or take drugs to ease my conscience.

Whisper words of wisdom; let it be. It will fade in time.

Here's something funny, though. Earlier tonight, I saw the prettiest pair of dark eyes staring back at me. She was so beautiful, it hurt.

Made me forget all about a memory of a memory. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home