Thursday, August 13, 2009

If

It's so hard to understand why somebody would want to take away something so beautiful.

But, then again, it's hard to understand much about this world. Heartache. Ignorance. Reality shows.

I don't know. Sometimes I get lost in the screams. I want to tell all these idiots to shut up. Put a little love in your heart, as corny as that sounds now. Then, a bit part of me thinks it is a shame that such a sentiment is corny now.

Go away ideologues. Go away crazy fundamentalists, demagogues and radicals. Take the sycophants with you.

Drop dead, arrogant and corrupt politicians. We don't need you. And take Lumpy with you.

If you're the type who sets out to ruin someone's day, here's a punch in the face.

What's crazy is all too many people seem all too willing to go along with it.

But then the beauty blossoms, brilliant, spring-like, renewing whatever once was good. It's as pleasing as the early morning dew. It's as quiet as winter snow.

I may forever carry with me a broken heart. I may finish last. I may not have a dime to my name.

But I'll take romance over riches any day, poetry over piety, music over madness.

You want to hear the sad part?

We could change it all if enough people gave a damn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're taking the Robinella firing pretty hard, huh...

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home