Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Why do I like 'Storage Wars'?


I am a self-described "Reality TV" hater.

I truly dislike the genre. The shows are bogus. The networks like them because they are cheap to produce; they don't have to pay writers. I've never watched an entire hour of "Survivor," not even when it was popular.

But, for whatever reason, I like "Storage Wars" on A@E.

My friend Dean Harned got me watching it. I didn't think much about it at first. But, the more episodes I watched, the more I found myself looking forward to it.

I particularly get a kick out of "The Collector," aka Barry Weiss. I admire a man who spends hundreds of dollars on a storage unit just to buy one or two items. Plus, he pulls up in a different vehicle in every episode.

It's a bit silly, but like "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers" (which for some bizarre reason both air on the so-called History Channel) I like to see some of the vintage items culled from the units.

Heck, it's more amusing than most of the sitcoms on network TV.

(The same can not be said for the "Storage Wars: Texas" spinoff. Whoever came up with that cheap knockoff should be fired.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home