Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Those blasted migraines

I'm getting migraines again. Not sure what's up with that.

Once upon a time, I used to get one every three weeks. We finally figured out it was due to a methane gas leak in a pipe housed in the closet next to my office.

Since then, it's been sporadic. Seems to be worse in winter and spring. I think it's tied, at least in part, to the barometric pressure and, possibly, to MSG in foods. Nothing I can do about the first one. Gib Galyon had me clean out my cupboards with regard to the second one. Now, he says, I need to ask about it at restaurants.

Whatever the case, they're no fun. Any fellow sufferers out there can tell ya, too.

I do take medicine, but it doesn't always "catch" a migraine. Like yesterday afternoon. I slept until about 7:30 p.m. Still have the migraine "hangover."

These things bother me because they make me all but immobile. Can't do anything. Sensitive to light and noise. Must have a cool, dark room. Ugh. As soon as I get paid, I'm going to call a massage therapist. That helps, too.

But, I know. If this and kidney stones are all I ever have to deal with, I'm in pretty good shape.

Forgive the personal ramble today. Just needed to get it off my chest.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lola Alapo said...

Yikes, sorry to hear it! Hope you've turned a corner this evening and are feeling better. Glad you got to ramble. Just prayed for you :) Wishing you a restful night's sleep.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Jake Mabe said...

Thanks so much, Lola! I really appreciate it! Had a much better go of it tonight. Hope you're having a great week!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home