Sunday, March 11, 2012

One heck of a great life

Sorry I haven't popped in for a few days. Been a busy week. Hope you've had a good one.

Did you remember to spring forward? Yawn.

Boy, I've had a great weekend. Friday night, Jenn and I spent a quiet evening at home. I sipped Hemingway's favorite highball, watched the Vols lose a heart-breaker, then saw the Knicks come up just short (again). Call it March Sadness. Special thanks to Skylar McBee for a three-pointer I'll never forget.

Saturday, we slept late, missed Marshal Andy's special pledge show, but made it to Joe Brooks' surprise 65th birthday party. Joe may live in Dandridge, but he'll always be a Halls guy. We sure do miss him.

Last night, Mom and Mike threw me an early birthday dinner. Barbecue ribs, red velvet cake, good presents and great company. I've got one heck of a great life.

Today, we were planning on taking in the UT baseball game, but the Daylight Savings change and a little insomnia has made me groggy. We're going to be lazy. I'm going to watch the Knicks and read the Times.

Birthday Week is off to a super start. I hope you all had a great weekend, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home