Monday, March 05, 2012

A rejuvenating Sunday, time to read and to reflect

Sunday was spent quietly, at home, reading, resting, reflecting.

Jenn is still exhausted. I am OK, rejuvenated from relaxation.

I made some coffee and watched "CBS Sunday Morning," slightly disappointed that Charles Osgood was on vacation. I miss his baritone and his bow tie.

Nice, nice segment on Hedy Lamarr and her inventiveness. Look it up, if you missed it.



Tracy Smith spent some time with supermodel Cindy Crawford. Don't tell anybody, but I have a bigger crush on the CBS correspondent.

I skimmed the Sentinel and tore into The Times, moved by a story from Syria and perked up by the politics. On the op-ed page was a nice salute to the retiring Sen. Olympia Snowe, a real Republican maverick (you betcha!).

I found a nice book review of Thomas Mallon's "Watergate: A Novel," which is now downloaded to my Kindle thanks to a few Amazon gift certificates. I can already tell I'm going to enjoy it better than the engaging but bizarre "Mrs. Nixon: A Novelist Imagines A Life."

It remains to be seen whether it can top Kitty Burns Florey's "Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog," a loving ode to the lost art of diagramming sentences, which I could once do with ease and enjoyment at Brickey Elementary School and beyond. Do they even teach that anymore? I doubt it. (Quote of the book: "Use the right word, not its second cousin." -- Mark Twain)

Now, it's time to relax, time to seek slumber, time to get motivated for Monday morning.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home