Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Something's rotten in the Garden


Today is Pi Day.

No, not the apple or cherry kind, and I didn't forget the e.

Think math: 3.14.

I hate math.

In other news, Mike D'Antoni is out as coach of the Knicks. Makes me wonder what will become of Jeremy Lin. I think he's here to stay. We'll see how he'll fit into another system.

Carmelo Anthony is being quoted as saying he doesn't know where the comment came from about him saying he wanted to be traded. My guess is from his own lips. But, that's just a guess.

My friend Joey says Melo is a coach killer. There's some truth to that.

What puzzles me is how a guy can come on like gangbusters for a quarter and then go cold, and I'm talkin' Siberian winter cold, for the rest of the game.

If you've watched the Knicks of late, at least since Linsanity landed back on earth, you've noticed they aren't gelling. For better or worse, the coach's job is to take what you've got and figure out a way to make it work. D'Antoni, apparently, couldn't do it. The bench is by and large playing great. The stars? Not so much.

I hate to see D'Antoni go in a way. Always wanted to go have a beer with the guy. Liked him personally.

Something's rotten in the Garden. Just don't be surprised if a big part of it doesn't leave with D'Antoni and sports a No. 7...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home