Monday, June 04, 2007

OK, I'm hooked

SO I WROTE THIS heartfelt, analytical piece on watching a favorite movie yesterday, "Dr. Zhivago."

Guess what? I lost it somewhere in cyberspace.

Too tired and feeling too rough tonight to write it again. (No, I still haven't passed the stone(s) yet.) So I'll save "Zhivago" for another day.

Gotta minute, though? I have a confession to make.

I'm an addict. A junkie. A worthless slob who needs my daily fix. Without it, I get cranky. Sometimes I throw things.

Yes, I have become addicted -- to a television series -- for the first time in years. (I think "Cheers" was the last one.)

"Homicide: Life on the Street" is a gritty, realistic crime drama. Too bad it was canceled near the end of the Clinton Administration.

What can I say? I'm not much into current trends. I just trashed the 8-track player a few weeks ago. (Bye, bye Jerry Clower.)

But, yeah. This show is darn good. My friend, author and columnist David Hunter, has raved about it for years.

Caught a few episodes on Sleuth while laid up with the stones. I concur with David. He says the show is as realistic as a TV program can be. David should know. He was a cop for a lot of years.

Darned if I ain't hooked. (TiVo is a scary, scary thing.) Amazon is running a nice deal on the series DVD set. May have to buy myself a sick gift.

I also bought David Simon's book on which the series is based. Found it for little of nothing at McKay's. May have to skip the baseball book I'm currently reading. No joke.

OK, I'm spent. Sorry I can't do more tonight. Feel too bad.

By the way, Tennessee softball is one win away from a national championship. Monica threw another gem tonight against Arizona. She's something, y'all.

Nite. See ya soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home