Thursday, January 10, 2008

Restless thoughts

Spring training tickets go on sale this weekend! The UT baseball season ticket renewal form came in the mail yesterday!

Soon, my children, soon...

Meantime, I'll make do. Went to the UT basketball game last night. Vols blew a 12 point lead, but it all worked out in the end. Exciting stuff.

It's raining here tonight. Bad storms all over the South, they say. I'm home, alternating between TV, music and a crossword puzzle. Do I suck or what?

So Hillary and McCain won in New Hampshire. We have a presidential race again. Why am I resisting a yawn? Guess it 'cause for the first time ever --- ever --- I don't know for whom I'll cast my vote come November.

Wonder if I can write in Teddy Roosevelt?

I'm re-reading Stephen Ambrose's second volume of his three part biography on Nixon. We've come a long way since then, not all of it good.

May ride with a buddy down to Nashville this weekend. I need a break. Wonder if that great little restaurant is still open at the far end of Broadway? It's been awhile.

Whaddya say we run away somewhere? I'll drive and bring the music. You pick the direction and buy the first tank of gas, OK?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home