Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Let's R-U-N-N-O-F-T

I've got a toothache.

But, you don't care about that. Sorry. Feels better to get that out of the way, though.

It's been raining here in Halls this morning. Kind of cool for late spring. I didn't want to get out of bed.

Here I sit, though, failing miserably to put any words down. Trying to forget about my tooth.

You ever want to just run off somewhere? I'm not thinking about a ballpark today. No, I think I want to go to the lake.

Fish a little bit, maybe? Cook some for supper, definitely. Enjoy the water and the cabin and the sunset, I'm thinking. We can talk and eat and drink and relax.

After the daylight slips away, I'll light a fire. It's perfect up there during a cool spring twilight. We can sit on the back porch and talk about everything and nothing at all.

Whaddya think? I'll drive if you buy the gas...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even with gas at $4 a gallon...this would be a trip worth takin'.

Maybe after that chat on the porch we could do some fishin' in the dark...lyin' on our backs and countin' the stars...

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jake Mabe said...

Where the cool grass grows???

Baby, get ready...

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running away is a wonderful fantasy that is easily filled by a visit to Norris Lake. There's nothing that soothes my soul more than the sound of the lapping water. The songs of the night---the owls, frogs & occasional jumping fish. I'll pay for the gas and I'll throw in a bottle of Jack.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home