Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summertime, and the livin' is easy...

So summer's officially here, and the livin' is easy, or so says the song.

It's a beautiful, but hot, day here in East Tennessee. I sat on the patio awhile this morning but am chillin' in my recliner right now. It's closer to the air conditioning.

Found myself with nothing to do until 4, so I'm listening to the Reds and the Yankees on the internet. Buddy Dustin Mynatt is up in Manhattan this weekend. He sent a text a few minutes ago to say he went to the Yankees game in the Bronx last night. I'm jealous.

There's no score in this afternoon's affair yet as I write this. I'm listening to Marty and Jeff call the game on the internet radio, while watching the White Sox and Cubs play on the north side. I've got the sound turned down on the TV.

It's summertime. That, for me, means baseball.

I'm being bad today, too. Ate Lucky Charms cereal for breakfast and am chomping down on corn dogs for lunch. Good, healthy food, huh?

I think I'll veg out in the recliner for a couple of hours before heading out for the evening, and ease into a relaxed state though Marty's play-by-play and the gentle rhythm of the national game.

I feel like I should do something productive, like finish unpacking stuff in the condo or run the vacuum cleaner.

But, nah. It's summertime.

The livin' is easy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home