Saturday, May 09, 2009

My day off

Rainy Saturday afternoon and for once I have nothing to do.

So, I'm taking it easy, watching one of those fun little situational comedic films from the early 1960s on TV. Rod Taylor and Jane Fonda pretending not to like each other on a Sunday in New York. Peter Nero piano music on the soundtrack. Retro and quaint.

("If I were you, I'd kiss me!" "I was thinking if I lived to be 1,000 years old, I'd never understand women.")

I guess something is going on out there in the world. But, today I'm going to ignore it.

I have been reading this book on the Columbine High School shootings. Engaging but disturbing. Particularly the chapters describing the killings. It doesn't mesh with my view of the world. It has bothered me.

And I heard this damn David Gates song the other day. Made me think about a situation I can't change. Made it worse.

Guess that's why today I'm going to listen to the rhythm of the rain, watch a slice of cinema that has nothing to do with reality, drink a Coca-Cola and take a nap.

No worries, no deadlines. Nothing serious.

Just a quiet day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home