Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Quote of the day


One of my all-time favorite presidents is Harry S. Truman.

I used to hate the guy, taking literally that the "S" stood for nothing. I don't know. I thought he paled in comparison to FDR, that he was the little worm who fired MacArthur and once actually said, "If you vote for Nixon, then you ought to go to hell."

Then I read David McCollough's excellent biography, saw the fantastic Truman installment in the PBS Presidents series and watched that great HBO movie with Gary Sinise. And I realized that Truman was my kind of guy.

My friend Spencer Solomon, a former student of Dean Harned's at Gibbs High, posted a Truman quote on Facebook. And it reminded me of my all-time favorite Truman quote:

"Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it."

Heh, heh.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lola Alapo said...

That's funny!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home