Friday, May 03, 2013

Happy birthday, Bing!

Today would have been Bing Crosby's birthday.

Talk about Mr. Smooth. I love to listen to his radio shows (bring 'em back as quickly as you can, Sirius/XM!). He stars in several films I enjoy, including "Holiday Inn," "High Society" and the "Road" pictures with Bob Hope.

The only real bizarre thing I ever heard him attempt was a cover of Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now." It wasn't bad; it just wasn't meant for Bing.

Happy birthday, Bing! "Ba boo ba boo ba boo boo boo boo!"

Also, on a personal note, today would have been my late Grandfather Wayne Wyatt's 82nd birthday. He passed away in September.

I am thankful that he is no longer in pain and that he didn't live long enough for Alzheimer's  to ravage his mind to the point he didn't recognize us.

Thinkin' about ya today, Pap.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home