Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday night coming down

Here it is 6:30 on a Friday night, the Vols are playing Georgia tonight at Lindsey Nelson Stadium and I'm stuck in the office for another hour or three. Sigh.

Might as well pull up a chair. I'll take a five minute break and tell ya about my day while I'm waiting on Erinn to bring me more pages to edit.

So if you haven't gone to Quizno's in Halls, drop everything and go to Halls Shopping Center, in the space that used to hold the post office. Last night I got a prime rib cheesesteak sub. Today's lunch was a meatball sub (on wheat bread, thank ya very much). Former Halls High football coach Gary Shephard's oldest son Gary Jr. is the owner. It will make you forget all about Jared and Subway.

Had a good laugh a few minutes ago. Checked out Atlanta Journal-Constitution baseball beat writer David O'Brien's blog. He's down in Florida soaking up the sun and spring training.

Anyway, DOB posts this long piece about trade rumors, the latest goings-on, Chipper Jones apologizing to reporter, and so on. Suddenly at the end is the lyrics to George Jones' "If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will)." Had to chuckle. Yesterday, he concluded with Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic."

Dave is a man after my own heart.

My former boss Charles Davenport sent me a heads-up that a John Ford movie I've not seen before, "The Last Hurrah," starring Spencer Tracy, will be on TCM overnight. It doesn't have John Wayne in it, but, you know. Can't all be perfect I guess.

Guess I'd better run. Any minute now Erinn will bring me a handful of pages to look over. Plus I gotta find the AM/FM radio in time for the Vols game.

And you thought a reporter's life was exciting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home