Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stream of consciousness (Part II)

Stream of consciousness again. Just for fun...

You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma. Love that song. Time has passed. Not sure I even like country music anymore. Scratch that. I don't like it. At least the new junk.

Wonder if I'll ever get to sing with my girl again? Snubbed. Who would have thunk it?

Oh, well. It's gotten too draining for me anyway. Need a summer break. As much as it will hurt.

Need to be asleep. Can't. Looking forward to my trip. Sewanee. An old friend.

Is that rain I hear? Again?

Gonna take the old highway down to Chattanooga. Don't like driving on the Indy 500 that is I-75. Like to take my time. See real America instead of that bland crap every 10 or 15 miles.

Southern lit. "The Coming of Rain." Like it. Nice change of pace from that Columbine book. Tragic. Tough.

Please let me sleep. Not sure how much more of this I can take. Dark circles under my eyes.

So surprised at meeting a new friend. Have been starved for such conversation. Inspiring. Gives me hope.

Ole Miss. Going to visit. Might apply. Think I'd like to study and teach Southern history. We'll see. Afraid of the GRE. Will work hard.

That pretty face. I will never forget it. Please don't let it end this way. Puzzled. Been 'fraid of changin', cause I built my life around you.

You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

Gotta get some sleep. On the road again the morrow.

Screw the criticism. Forget the jerk even if it caused embarrassment in front of my friends. I can't control it. Worrying is useless. Isn't worth it anymore.

Time to make some changes. Soon. This summer. Wheels in motion.

It's time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home