Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summertime...

...and the livin' is easy.

Things slow down. One can take a breath. Relax. Take stock. Write about things you enjoy.

I don't handle the humidity well. If I could, I'd move to Hawaii. It's the only place for which I'd forsake Halls.

We are taking a couple of three-day weekend trips this summer. One to Memphis. One to Michigan.

Come Labor Day -- and, yes, it can take its time getting here this year -- we are going to Maine. Combination vacation and research trip. Visit old friends.

I like the current trend of "new" TV shows showing up during the summer. "Dallas" is my favorite. Some memories just won't die.

I like sitting out on the back porch in the lounge chair while listening to music. I keep returning to The King, to Elvis, to the Delta Blues, to that voice. Other nights I swing with Sinatra. Other nights? A little bit country. A little bit rock and roll.

I'm catching up on my reading. It's nice. I love the library.

I like to sit on Sundays and while away the afternoon with The Times. I like the fact I can now get it delivered to the house.

I like summertime. The livin' is easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home