Monday, May 06, 2013

This and that

I don't want to go see "The Great Gatsby" anymore.

Hip-hop music? 3-D? Nick Carraway writing the story from a sanitarium?

Thanks, but no. I prefer the pictures that permeated my brain when I read the book anyway. And I'm one of the five people who likes the 1974 version. Except for Mia Farrow's Daisy. Terrible casting. Nobody would go to all that trouble for Mia. Certainly not Redford, er, Gatsby.

 Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy are teaming up for "Before Midnight." I can't wait for that one. My friend Bridget turned me on several years ago to the first two films in this series. I like them very much. The characters walk. They talk. No explosions. No comic book heroes. It's quiet and comfortable. I like that. 

Spent much of Saturday listening to the radio. NPR, mostly. I found the 24-hour feed for when I want to avoid the local programming. I like "Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!" It almost reminds me of "What's My Line?" Almost.

I like radio. You know that, though. I talk about it too much, I guess. 

Had a headache/stomachache on Sunday. It's OK, except I missed a visit with my friend Mike Finn. I spent the morning with Sid Mark and Mr. Sinatra. I spent the afternoon asleep. It rained.

Jenn got to see Robinella on Thursday night. I was busy working. Didn't get to hear my old friend sing. Such is life. No worries. There will be another time.

Couldn't read much 'cause of the headaches. Wanna get back to my routine.

How was your weekend? I hope it was a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home