Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My kind of 'painkiller'

Maybe it's a disease.

Didn't make it to UT softball today. A summer-like squall was in full bloom about the time I headed up I-75 this afternoon.

But I had a HBO special waiting on the TiVO about John Wooden and the UCLA dynasty. Fell asleep somewhere between Lew Alcindor and Bill Walton.

Woke up an hour later and finished it. Great story. Balanced, too. They even brought up Sam Gilbert, the Bruins' infamous No. 1 fan during the Wooden era.

Still, I think Wooden is the sport's all-time No. 1 coach, both in championships and especially in philosophy. His ilk only comes along once in a lifetime. He's worthy of the praise. Especially since he had to put up with Bill Walton.

The rain finally went away, but I needed my baseball fix. Oh, yeah. Forgot about last night's Braves spring training game, also on the TiVO.

It's on in the background now. The Tigers are winning 6-2 in the bottom of the fifth. But that's OK because I love the Tigers, too.

Needed the game tonight. I'm working on another migraine. It's nice to veg out in front of the tube, listening to Sciambi and Simpson call the action, especially when you feel bad and want somebody to shoot you. Or at least make the headache go away.

What? You say taping spring training games is crazy?

Maybe so. Had to do something, though. Without painkillers or access to the shots, there isn't much else to do about a migraine.

Oh, well. At least it isn't another kidney stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home